Sunday, March 2, 2008

25/2/08, Monday

My group decided that we go back and scan through the fables and choose one we like and come up with our own storyline based on the chosen fables. When I went back, I went through the list of the fables. There were so many and I had time choosing just one. After much thought I decided I liked two fables and I saw some real potential in them. I decided to pick both of them, come with a storyline and present it to the group tomorrow and see how it goes. These are the two fables

The Shepherd's Boy and the Wolf

A Shepherd boy, who watched a flock of sheep near a village, brought out the villagers three or four times by crying out,” Wolf! Wolf!" and when his neighbours came to help him, laughed at them for their pains. The Wolf, however, did truly come at last. The Shepherd-boy, now really alarmed, shouted in an agony of terror: "Pray, do come and help me; the Wolf is killing the sheep"; but no one paid any heed to his cries, nor rendered any assistance. The Wolf, having no cause of fear, at his leisure lacerated or destroyed the whole flock.

Bear and the Two Travellers

Two men were travelling together, when a Bear suddenly met them on their path. One of them climbed up quickly into a tree and concealed himself in the branches. The other, seeing that he must be attacked, fell flat on the ground, and when the Bear came up and felt him with his snout, and smelt him all over, he held his breath, and feigned the appearance of death as much as he could. The Bear soon left him, for it is said he will not touch a dead body. When he was quite gone, the other Traveller descended from the tree, and jocularly inquired of his friend what it was the Bear had whispered in his ear. "He gave me this advice," his companion replied. "Never travel with a friend who deserts you at the approach of danger."

No comments: